Monday 26 September 2011


Where's this stuff about an amazing person? Who has the wit and intelligence to rival that of Einstein. Let me give you a hint. The hansom boy who is currently saving your life is always right. Even if he says the sky is purple and raining hedgehogs.  

This is what my friend Oh Nah Nah said to me on the train home from uni today. Yes we are those weird people on the train who have strange conversations all the time. She's called Oh Nah Nah because she started singing "Whats my name?' by Rihanna with a Russian accent and that character was then named Oh Nah Nah ,anyway our conversations are so strange that me have had people move away from us. 

There's a free paper here in Melbourne called the MX and I'm surprised we haven't ended up in the Overheard section it's a crime we give them golden material! 

This got me thinking about public transport, I know myself as soon as I'm on the train it's ipod in ears and try not to make eye contact with another human. It's like everyone is in there own little bubble, trapped in there own thoughts or phones. Unless your a teenager with friends on your way to school who don't seem to understand that they are talking far to loudly and that no one else on the train cares about whatever it is they are talking about so please shut up. 

I like to watch people on the train in a non creepy way of course. I like make up stories in my head about who they are and what they are doing to pass the time of boring train trip. People I see all the time get nicknames like one man I see reminds me of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory but he has a cow boy hat so he is Cow Boy Sheldon. You get the idea. I also wonder what people think when they see me. An old guy once gave me the once over with his eyes and Oh Nah Nah said to me "well he looked at you like a common street walker" which I'm not I dress to cover my body thank you. 

I guess the point of this you can never be sure of who a person really is just by looking at them, so don't judge and if you ever hear two people having a strange conversation listen it might give you a bit of a laugh and a good story :P 

DFTBA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment